CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"I'm all full of love for you right now"

This is what Mark and I like to say to each other during those "high love" moments. And normally when they happen, it's at random times, not the moments you might think ;) Since this morning was an "I'm all full of love for you" morning, I thought I'd write a post about things I LOVE about Mark:

- I LOVE how he is making an effort to sleep closer to me at night. I really enjoy waking up at night and feeling him near me.
- I love being with Mark in the morning. Nothing significant happens in the morning, just getting ready together, but it's always sweet.
- I appreciate how Mark is always quick to help. He offers to help with food or clean up every time we cook.
- I love how when I ask for help, he graciously comes without a question or hesitation.
- I love how Mark enjoys the stupid things about me like when I try and sing along to a song in the car or make strange sound effect noises. He always tells me I shouldn't make it a living but you can see the delight in his face as he listens to me and laughs.
- I love how he looks at me when I am having a hard day and how he can tell how I'm going to respond to something before a look crosses my face or a word comes out of my mouth.
- I love how he kisses me. That's why I like the picture at the top of this blog. He takes my face in his hands and smiles at me as he leans in.
- I love how he has so many variations of how he kisses me, there are too many to mention and we are the only ones who would probably find them fun ;)
- I love how he holds me when we are laying in bed at night, for the few moments before we fall asleep. I fit so perfectly in his arm crease.
- I love the funny things he does that are so "Mark". They never upset me, they make me smile because I know that only my Mark would do something like that ;)
- I love how he smells.
- I love how he tastes.
- I love how he feels against me.
- I just really love Mark more than I imagined possible!!! Seems like nearly everything he does makes me smile and enjoy him all the more!

When I think of these types of things it always makes me want to try and reflect on how God thinks these things about me (us). Even though I can think them of Mark, I have a hard time comprehending that this is how God feels about me. Why would it be easier for me to believe that this is how Mark feels about me (which he's told me it is), then to believe this is how God feels about me? Is it because he isn't actually here doing them in a physical way? But isn't Mark being here with me a tangible example of God's love for me?

6 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Eeewww!! Sort of sweet and gross all at the same time (to steal from Molly)

Stephanie said...

That is one of the sweetest posts I have ever read!! It is so obvious God is using Mark to show His love for you, too!!

XO

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the way you ended this, because we would all love deeply even we spent more time comprehending how God loves us. Thanks care and how much I love hearing about your "love" -- mom

Christina Groth said...

Ohhhh! It sounds so NICE! That was a beautiful list! I like the way you finished/wrapped up the thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Awww....

The really neat thing is that 30 years down the road it can still be just as sweet. (I'll bet your mom said the same thing...) The other really neat thing is how, as time passes, love deepens.

There are going to be lots of times when you won't feel "in love," but the love will still be there and that's the really important part.

Oh yeah, and you should always be best friends.

Anonymous said...

Could newlyweds be any more mushy?!?!?! ;) I love that you found the man of your dreams, that he loves you as much, and especially that you're learning about God through the process. Good reminders.
-Adri