CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Blog roll??

Hi to all my readers (whoever you are). As a reader of blogs (who's owners sometimes don't know I read), I hate having to identify myself. I like to hop on, read, and hop off before the writer of the blog knows I was there. Mostly because I love to read about other people's lives. Snoop on what is going on, be privy to information I might not otherwise know... you know the drill ;)

However, I have tried to take a queue from many of your "commenters" and make more of an effort lately to identify myself and occasionally comment on the blogs of those I read regularly. It's just fun and encouraging to the writer, to know you are among their readers. Can I ask the same of all of you? And thanks to those of you who DO comment on a regular basis! I can't tell you how encouraging it is to see your notes, affirmation, and encouragement!!

The other reason that I ask is because I've had a couple of people comment over the months, who I don't know. Either from a first name I can't place or a blogger profile that is not shared. I'd love to know who is out there. Any chance you could just leave a comment letting me know you stopped by? Or email me. I'm a big fan of communication (markcarrie.peeples AT gmail.com).


In other news, Mark and I are going to be apart for only the second time we have been married, this weekend. I was invited by my new sister-in-law to a scrapbooking weekend at her families' lake house. I'm VERY excited as I have some events I need to catch up on scrapbooking and spent time last weekend and this week organizing my supplies and getting a few extra to tide me over through the weekend. I go through phases where I sometimes worry about the addiction I seem to have with scrapbooking accessories ;)

Anyway, so I leave shortly for a weekend away. Although we are returning around noon on Sunday so only have like 48 hours away from each other. This morning when I dropped Mark off to catch his bus to work, we did our usual quick kiss as he got out of the car (he was a little late) and didn't realize until late morning that it was the last time we would see each other until Sunday. I feel like I should be okay with this short time away, but am rather sad :( Pathetic I know, but I just love being with him!!!


Don't forget to leave a comment if you are willing. Thanks!!

13 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend! I confess I've never had a compulsion to do scrapbooking. Becky will tell you I've never been one to take a lot of pictures. Even now with a digital camera and an online gallery, I'm still not as good as I could be about taking and posting pictures.

Christina Groth said...

I love reading your blog! My comments come up under Christina L, which is my middle initial. The missing last name is 'Groth'.
Have fun scrapbooking!

Jenni Clayville said...

I'm here. I read! And I laugh at you... er... w/ you... whatever.

Tawny said...

I am so sorry for not responding! I have had a bear of a time getting internet at the house where I am in Redding. Anyway to delete the Orange bar means you have to click on "Edit html" in the template page and then find the part in the code that refers to the Orange bar, and then I just delete that part. Question: How much do you know about code reading??

Anonymous said...

hiya carrie. honestly i didn't realize that i had the option to leave a comment. i thought it used to be only other blogspot peoples could leave comments. anyway - i love reading about you and mark. have a great weekend away! me and kyle are looking forward to the 26th at stacey's :)

Stephanie said...

I enjoy your blog, Carrie.. keep the posts coming!! Hope you had a nice reunion with Mark!

XO

Anonymous said...

I read WAAAYYY more than I comment.....so I'll try to keep some short comments coming. About scrapbooking-that's why I don't really bother to start scrapbooking-I know I'll get addicted and it can get VERY expensive! Although there's a little place around here called Archivers-I love going there and using their craft room & tools, I can stay for hours talking with friends and working on a project. :)
-Adri

Anonymous said...

Posting something controversial usually get's people talking. Your luvy-duvy bubbly crap stuff isn't really controversial though :P I don't expect you have few readers, but many!

Werd little sister-face!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Carrie, I read your blog quite religiously. I usually don't have a lot of time to comment but I will this time. You are actually one of the reasons I started a blog of my own. Keep up the great blogging.
And believe me I understand the being apart from Mark thing completely.

L said...

Hi Carrie! Sorry it's taken me so long to comment back. Hope all is well with you!
-Lisa

Jenna said...

Nice blog. And thanks for the add - I feel so special. Key West is amazing btw.

noell said...

I'm here - and catch up and love to hear about your life. I promise i'll start back up!

Anonymous said...

I am a non-blogger who uses reading blogs as a way to procrastinate when there are things I really need to be doing ... I've been friends with Barb for MANY years, and the life and times of her beloved nieces and nephews has been such a part of her life that it makes me feel like I know you ... a little. I loved the Blog about your adopted little sister ... it blew me away at how amazing our God is. Guess that's why I like reading blogs ... God shows up and I get some much needed laughs. It's also nice to remember what newlywed life is like after 18 years. Thanks for letting me eavesdrop.

Amy Elder (have met you at church several times)