CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Highlights of 2007

Instead of publishing New Years Resolutions, which make me excited for new goals, but fearful I won't be able to accomplish them. If I want a goal that I KNOW I will have the drive to complete, I pick something I'm already doing :) Seriously, I have a major phobia of not meeting goals so rarely "talk" about something I haven't already hatched a plan to accomplish.

I prefer to look back at what I've accomplish instead of focus on what I didn't or plan to in the coming year. So here are my Highlights of 2007 (in no particular order):

- Got married to the most amazing man I've ever met!!!

- Planned (and had TONS of help) a super fun wedding that was better than I hoped for!

- Was in the weddings of 2 of my best friends.

- RAN my first marathon (it was my 3rd marathon, but first one I could say I ran all the way).

- Dropped 7 miles off my half marathon time from April to October.

- Ran a total of 740 miles for the year. Beating last year's mileage by 37 miles!

- Took the trip to Europe I've wanted to go on for 10 years.

- Went with my DAD on the trip to Europe and had a BLAST!! Seriously, he's a great travel buddy and we had a super fun time!!

- Christmas shopped without using money in savings or putting anything on credit (YIPPEE!!)

- Paid off our credit cards (how cool is that after doing Europe and a wedding the same year!!)

- Started cooking more often (successfully)

- Am living in my own place for the first time (shared by my husband, of course)

- Saw the highschool students I'd been working with since they were freshman, graduate.

- Visited Las Vegas for the 3rd time, but first time as a married woman ;)

- Did the drive from Oregon to Montana for Thanksgiving and with my new husband!

- Beat the medium level on Guitar Hero 3, with the help of Mark and my brother, of course ;)

- Got beautiful diamon stud earrings from my new husband for my 27th birthday!!

- And TONS of other things that are too numerous to mention. Let me finish with a big THANK YOU to our families and friends and all of YOU in the blog world for being such a wonderful part of my BEST YEAR EVER.

Things I hope will take place in 2008:

- make forward progress on school

- run another marathon

- exceed my 2007 mileage for the year

- celebrate our first wedding anniversary

- welcome our second niece into the world

- go camping for the first time with my husband

- um... that's all I can come up with for right now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and we wish you a WONDERFUL 2008!!

1 thoughts from other people:

Mike and Stace said...

WOW! It was an amazing year for you!!!