CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's going on today

I don't have a picture for the week yet. And to be honest, if I took one right now it would look EXACTLY like my week 1 pic because that is what we are currently doing.

But here is what is going on this week:
- Last week I didn't care when/how Sophie slept as long as she napped. This week I feel the need to train her to nap in her bassinet vs the bouncy seat. It normally takes anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes swaddled with the pacifier propped in her mouth (with my close supervision) to get her to sleep in there and it lasts anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Interestingly she sleeps great in there during the first shift at night. I try watching for her sleep queues but I must not be doing it right or something because after about the first yawn I wrap her up and put her in a place to nap and it can take her another 30 minutes to nap... or more. Sometimes I feel like I spend half the try trying to get her to sleep. Any suggestions? It feels kind of weird to be back here again ;)

- I've started 2 things this week: 1) running (ya!!) and 2) counting calories. After not losing ANY weight for over 3 weeks I decided to try something new and after 1.5 days of using myfitnesspal.com on my phone, I'm really enjoying it! This afternoon I find myself constantly wanting to grab for a snack only to realize that if I eat something now it's fewer calories I get later for my dinner out with some mom friends. Although we're going to a place that is known for their desserts so I can't decide if I should spend my calories on a healthy dinner or yummy dessert. I'm leaning towards dessert ;) I couldn't find their nutrition facts online so am hoping they have some there because it would be nice to get the exact amount.

I ran a few spurts during our family 4 mile walk on Saturday and felt pretty good so after not making it to the gym at 5am Monday morning (that was just too ambitious), I opted for a run after Mark got home that night. It was almost 3 miles and felt FANTASTIC! I run a little over half. I was sore yesterday and did the same run again but instead of it feeling fantastic it felt HARD. Of course, I was still sore from the night before and it was pretty warm out. Today I'm just really sore so am taking the next couple days off. Friday morning I'm hitting a Zumba class at the gym for the second week in a row (wow! is that fun and fast) and Saturday morning we'll do another family walk. Super glad to be back into it and realized that this time around I'm doing it almost more for sanity and time alone as for exercise.

Okay, that's all I have for now. Will try and take a pic to post this week.

0 thoughts from other people: