CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today...

Not sure what else to call this post. I've started about 4 posts since my last one but never have a chance to finish. Normally because some kid wants my attention, like right now... Millie is saying "up" over and over again at my legs.

Was going to write more but...

Okay, I'm back. Sophie has been asleep for over 2 hours!! I think I've trained her to sleep in her vibrating bouncy seat. Which is great! Except it's not her bed. I debated yesterday if I should start trying to train her to sleep in her non-vibrating bed instead and decided it doesn't matter. She won't be in this phase for very long and that day will come soon enough. She sleeps for about 4-5 hours when she first goes to bed at night, normally goes back to sleep for 30-60 minutes and then wakes and I let her sleep with me while nursing her back to sleep. I'm a little concerned about having my tiny baby in bed with me but I've never moved and cuddling with her is so sweet! And this phase also won't last forever. She's nearly 6 weeks and we'll be ready to transition her to her own room in a couple months. So we can transition then. Right now I'm getting a reasonable amount of sleep and it's working (although will probably change tomorrow, you know how things are, the minute you think you have it figured out, it changes).

Millie has taken to waking around 6:30 and I let her fuss in her crib until after 7. We thought we had her figured out when we decided to give her the pacifier when she woke up and at first it helped her sleep for 30-60 more minutes (ya!) but now it's more like 15 and she never goes back to sleep. But I figure it doesn't hurt her to hangout in there a little longer and it helps give me time to get ready or sleep for 15 more minutes and inevitably when I move Sophie out of my bed to make space for Millie, she wakes up.

Currently Millie is upstairs unsupervised. She's also being very quiet, so I'm going to go wrap this up and go check on her.

1 thoughts from other people:

Aly sun said...

Silence is rarely golden, especially with the toddler crowd! So glad to see you back blogging. It is interesting to hear what you are up to, and also you'll be really glad you recorded this stage. Like you said, just when you figure it out, it changes. Looking back at the more newsy posts is enlightening, even a few months later. :)