CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Running...

I have a love hate relationship with running. Sometimes it's the hardest and last thing I want to do and other times I love it and wish I could do more!! The latter are few and far between feelings ;) Although tonight was a good run. I changed at the gym after my workout and put on my Portland Marathon finishers shirt. I've worn this shirt more proudly than any other race shirt I've ever earned! We trained, we ran, we ran well, we finished!

One thing that always makes me feel inspired, is doing races. A while ago I decided to start keeping track of all my races. I went back to try and remember as many as I could. I started doing 5 and 10ks in 2001 and 2002, but could only remember enough to start tracking from 2003. Here's the run down...

'03 32:15 5k race
'03 1:02 Bridge to Bridge 10k
'03 Bloomsday 12k 
'04 2:38 November Seattle half marathon
'05 BolderBoulder 10k - couldn't find results
'05 2:17 June Columbia River Gorge "half marathon"(12.2)
'05 Oct Race for the Cure 5k - couldn't find results
'06 Mar Heart & Sole 10k - couldn't find results
'06 2:35 June Governor's Cup half marathon
'06 6:20 June Mayors Marathon
'06 6:41 July Gateway to The Pacific marathon
'06 Aug Hood to Coast Relay -
'06 Sept Austoria Assault Adventure Race
'07 2:25:02 April Whidbey Island Half Marathon (time was actually a few minutes less)   
'07 2:24:52 (actual) June Helvetia Half Marathon
'07 5:24:23 (actual) October Portland Marathon

And speaking of the feeling of accomplishment, here are our marathon finisher pics!


1 thoughts from other people:

Marla said...

Do you know that you ran your last marathon faster than Katie Holmes ran the New York Marathon? Yes, it's true, her time was 5:29. I'm sure the paparazzi will be all over you at your next run once they realize it too, so be careful.