CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 5, 2007

Marathon week!!

So, the knee saga continues. After Saturday's bomber of a run, I've been icing and taking it easy. I did a bit of a test workout on Wednesday and did 15 minutes walking on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the elyptical. My knee(s) didn't hurt, but I "felt" them more than normal. Who knows!! It sucked to be on the treadmill and not run. I was jealous of all those running around me and hope they appreciated that they can run.

The little 30 minute diddy at the gym was my only semblance of a workout this week. It's kind of nice to have extra time on my hands but lame to not be able to workout. I didn't realize I actually sort of enjoyed it until I wasn't able to do it any more.

It's helpful to have a cousin that's a Physical Therapist, so I called Chante and got her thoughts about my knee over the phone. After two conversations, we decided that it didn't sound like much, there was no major trauma to the knee and since working out at this point won't help my marathon training, continue to take it easy, ice (which I'm not good at remembering to do), stretch (which I'm not good at doing either), take lots of anti-inflammatory and just see how it goes. If I can get to at least over the half way point before I start to poop out, I'll be happy. I just want to run most of this race since I haven't run more than half of a marathon (this will be my third). My best marathon time was 6:20. I know, pathetic!! Don't judge.

Mom flys in today for the marathon! Tomorrow my aunt, uncle, and cousin are coming up from Salem (although cousin Ian is all the way from Japan where he's stationed), to pick up our race packets, eat a yummy pasta dinner, and then sleep in preparation for the big event!!


This picture was taken last summer when mom and I did our first marathon in Anchorage, AK. Mom got injured at a half marathon 2 weeks prior so we weren't sure how the race would go. We ended up running and walking half of every mile.

Other news from the week:
- I used my new KitchenAid mixer for the first time, making chocolate chip cookies for Mark (and me). Thanks again, Mom!!

- Tuesday was our 1 month anniversary ;) It seems like an eternity ago since the wedding, but life with Mark is still fantastic! We've had a few little "blips", but they mostly have to do with my always fluxuating hormones. Mark has been SO sweet and sensitive all the time!

- We're starting our new budget this month. After some "haired" conversations about different elements (but are in agreement about most of it), we finally hashed out a plan. We're a bit behind on implementing and trying to live off a more limited budget, but should be good in the end. We're "this" close to paying off our second (and only other) credit card, which is VERY exciting.

- Speaking of exciting, Mark's bday is on Tuesday (the 9th). We're both taking the day off, which will be super fun!! He'll be the big 29!!

- Not so exciting is that Mark flys to Taiwan for work on the 13th, which is part of why we're taking the 9th off, for a little extra time with each other. If all goes well, he'll be back on the 5th.

3 thoughts from other people:

Melinda said...

So glad that you had someone that you know to talk to about your knees!

Wow! Mark's trip is a long one!

Laura said...

good luck at the marathon! We'll have to get together as I'll be an ESI widow as well :) I'm just praying Clint is home to see the kids for Halloween...Too bad they couldn't travel together. Clint's got the tough assignment - France, then Germany...boo hoo. I can't believe he'll be in Paris w/o me!

Anonymous said...

Well, if you didn't give Mark only $50 to make it through the month...hahahah!

How'd the knee do? I got your times from dad...GREAT JOB! But no word on that knee.