CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Life and baby prep and guesses on due date

On the subject of life, Mark and I got up just after 7 this morning, threw some clothes on, grabbed some food and headed out to get in line for swine flu shots. Since our baby isn't here yet, Mark wasn't allowed to get one (they were doing priority people only) and I managed to score the last shot the people giving them had. Relieved to have that done although the baby may not come before it actually starts working in my system so going to ask the Dr how this will all work. The pic below is Mark and I in line.



Regarding baby prep, my mom has been here for a few days and has helped me make AMAZING progress on getting the final details in place and all our wonderfully pink gifts put away. Although we had the furniture in place, we still had to figure out where all the little things were going to go and mom has been great! She's good at organizing and just sort of took over. Especially after yesterday's shopping trip when I was too tired to do anything other than sit on the couch. As we were out yesterday from around 10 until nearly 4, Mom and Barb kept laughing at me as I said things like, "my back hurts and I don't know why." Because apparently the reason "why" was very obvious to them.

We still have a few small things left to do, but for the most part we're ready!! At least as ready as you can be to completely change your life from what you've known for the past 2 years. It's exciting and scary!!

I want to find out what people are guessing for when the baby will come. We're due on the 21st (3 weeks from today) and the Doc says he's estimating she'll probably be early and not late. So far mom is guessing the 18th. No one else has made a guess yet. Anyone else want to weigh in??

5 thoughts from other people:

Aly sun said...

I sure wish Dr.s wouldn't tell expectant moms that they could be early. If you happen to be late, and I REALLY hope you are not, the last days drag by in even greater agony. Just for you, I will guess an early date, November 9th, my Emma's birthday.

Glad you mom could be there to help with the prep. You will be really glad to have everything organized, ready to go.

Michael and Stacey said...

I'm guessing Nov. 16th. I'm so glad that you got the swine flu shot.

Allison McKenney said...

Macy's birthday is the 18th...so...I'm going with that, just like your Mom. :)

Andee said...

Hmmm. Benton and Nathaniel were both exactly 7 days early. I'll wish the same for you: Nov 18.

Marla said...

I'm throwing in the 17th, only because it's a date I'll always remember because it's the date I started here at Xtra Airways. It's all about me ya know. Hah. :) Any news on the belly button pop???