CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life. Flipped upside down and around

As my new schedule takes shape (just confirmed some things today), my life feels more and more turned upside down. Here are some contrasts:

Now - work a 40 hour week at 1 job
After 9/1 - work a 25 hour week at 1 job and like 16 at another

Now - work only with adults
After 9/1 - will spend 16 of my hours hanging out with 2 little kiddos

Now - work some evenings and weekends
After 9/1 - no more evenings or weekends unless it's a volunteer gig or my choice ;)

Now - am a leader in my area of work
After 9/1 - will be support staff for leaders in my area of work

Now - have ultimate flexibility
After 9/1 - not as much flexibility, but some

My new schedule: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday work as admin support on the Worship & Creative Arts team at church. Same desk, same team, different job.
Wednesday and Friday I will nanny for 2 kids around the age of 3.
Evenings and weekends, whatever! ;)

As my final days of work at my job are winding down I'm beginning to realize how drastically things will be changing. Sometimes I look forward to the change and other times I'm a little scared. But no matter what I feel the change won't stop coming. I'm glad I have all next week to let it sink in and get "ready" so when I come home I can hit the ground running!!

I really think we can choose how we feel how about our life and right now I'm going to choose to enjoy the new stage. It's a fantastic change and I'm looking forward to hanging out with little kids a couple days a week. It will be the ultimate in variety!! I am also looking forward to my change in roles at church and feel good about the person who is taking over some of what I do. I'm also looking forward to handing off all the stuff that doesn't really fit on my desk!! I guess that if God guides us where he wants that it's comforting to know that he guided me to where I am right now. So right now THIS is what he's called me to and I want to serve him well no matter what my station of life is. I mean, if you can serve well in a small role then how much better you can serve in a big role!!

Mark left this past Sunday for a week in Taiwan. It could have been longer but they want to respect our trip planned next week, so he's coming home on Sunday. It's WAY easier to deal with a one week trip and for sure end date then the open ended ones that are estimated for 2+ weeks he normally goes on. I spent the night alone at our new place last night (I was at Barb's the night before). It was actually not too bad. I think it sort of helped that we are completely out of routine and have only been there for a little over 2 weeks and spent that time out of our normal routine. So there is no normal right now. I think we are now going to re-invent normal.

By the way, Mark doesn't want me to post pictures of the new place until our Mom's come to visit. So it might be a few months ;)

3 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

let the training begin. we're all glad to have you back in board with us.

Melinda said...

You will be a treat for the kids and are already a treat in the W&CA staff. Weekends and evening off. Wow! That is significant!

No pictures? As soon our household stabilizes, can I come and peek?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life flipping and rolling like a roller coaster can be fun. Put your hands up in the air and enjoy the ride!