CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Small Life Update

Here's an update on a few things:

Eyes - Mark's eyes are doing well! He's excited about not having to wear corrective lenses of any type although disliked the protective goggles he was required to wear sleeping at night. He had his 1 week check-up today and things were good. He does notice a little blurriness, which the Dr suggested could be from dry or tired eyes.

Running - I ran last night for the first time in 1.5 weeks. I hadn't noticed how my odd knee/leg pains had subsided, until last night's 3 miles on the treadmill. I'm thinking of only running on Saturday's for the rest of the year and doing other workouts at the gym during the week.

Holiday (Tday) plans - we're driving to Montana with Barb! Should be quite the adventure ;) About 14 hours each way. We leave Wednesday after work and return Sunday.

The week - Pretty much every evening this week one of us was sleeping on the couch ;) Or Mark played his Grand Theft Auto game and I wrote Thank You cards (no, still not done yet). During Mark's sleeping bout last night, I got to watch 4 episodes of a show I'm getting on Netflix. Fun!! It's been a low key week, which has been nice. And I'm still trying to get over a little cold.

The weekend - we leave tomorrow night to spend the weekend with Mark's family in Seattle for little Rian's 2nd birthday. Very fun!! Last year at Rian's birthday (when Mark and I were only dating), they had us all write her something on a little piece of paper to save for years down the road. I contributed, at their encouragement, and am relieved this year to know that she won't be reading something in 15 years from some random chic her uncle dated when she was only 1 ;) I'm excited to see Mark's family now that I'm officially IN. And other than our honeymoon, it will be our first couple nights away together. Will be fun to share a bed someplace else ;)

By the way, my friend Marla informed me that I ran the Portland Marathon a couple minutes faster than Katie Holmes. I'm not sure, but that makes me feel good ;)

4 thoughts from other people:

Melinda said...

Mark's had goggles on in bed, huh? Is it like sleeping with a super hero?

Marla said...

Ok, a funny thing... If I get the days off I need I am going to Redmond for Thanksgiving, Ha. Trade ya. We will see each other again, one day. Hee. I am excited about the idea of spending T-day with Alea since she can't go home for it.

I love the thought about Rian reading a random note from some chic he brought home once. Funny. Glad that all worked out. ;)

I love when I make debuts on your blog, makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

"Sleeping with a super hero" Hahahahahahahahaha!!!1

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie Jean, Are you going to be in Billings on Sunday, Nov. 25th? We are staying at the Sande's house that night. We're going down to Denver the next day. Would be cool to see you if you were there.
Rachel Jamieson