CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Props for Peacemakers

As many of you know, I used to work for Peacemaker Ministries as their Annual Conference Coordinator. Now, my parents and older brother work there. Peacemakers just finished their annual conference, which has grown from around 300 during my last year in 2002, to around 900 this year!! Partly because of my dad's AMAZING people skills!!!! (at least that's what I like to think, because my dad is awesome! ;)If you want to read his info, he's Rick Friesen on this list (not Gary, that's his brother, my uncle).

Anyway, this year they had Randy Alcorn (author of the book Heaven, which I just grabbed off my shelf to start reading this week) as one of the main speakers and he has a blog where he mentioned his love for peacemaking and his support for what Peacemaker Ministries is doing, also his experience at the conference and his decision to say "YES" to speaking this year. Check it out.

One of these days I should post a blog about all that peacemaking stuff.

Interesting side note, it appears that Randy Alcorn also uses Blogger ;)

4 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Be on the look out soon for some interviews and footage we took at teh conference this year on the PM YouTube site! (youtube.com/PMMinistries

Anonymous said...

love Randy...came from Good Shepherd before I came to Sunset...Randy use to blow me away with his teaching...and I have read the majority of his books...both fiction and non.
Jay McKenney
p.s. love your blog..I put a link on mine to yours, brace yourself for like one more hit a week :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the kind words Carro, just think what would happen if we could both work on the conference!
maybe someday. Love you! Daddo

Tawny said...

Just so you know that I have been coming on here frequently to read the marital bliss updates. You are too much fun! Alysun was right when she said that its amazing how the internet brings up all together-- we are closer now than ever before! Oh and about the weight thing, you my dear I am sure are pure muscle. I am 5'11" but hardly any muscle at all. It funny because I had a conversation with a friend who is also 5'11", 160 pounds and a size 4! She wishes her weight lower but I think the size 4 is the important part! It's always so different for so many...

You're beautiful and glowing and keep those updates coming!