CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life and Running

I feel like I keep blogging about the same things, life is fantastic!! I'm sure you may think to yourself, "how can life really be that great?" Well, right now it is!! Yesterday morning after I dropped Mark off at the bus stop and drove to work, he sent me this text message, "I am so very much in love with you! I can't even believe it's true." I wrote back and told him I felt the same way and how sometimes I feel like we are like little kids playing house ;) Married life is better than I imagined!! It's every day things with your favorite person! So it makes everything every day so much better!! There are the not-so-wonderful moments (we had one last night), but then we work it out and are good again, it's cool!

One thing that I've been very encouraged by is that we've remembered to pray together every night before we go to bed. It's normally after we are in bed with the lights out and we don't make them real long prayers or anything, but we talk to God about the events going on. It's been really cool since that wasn't something we remembered to do before we got married.

Last week I made waffles! I was going to post a picture but since we don't have Internet at home and when I'm home, I'm normally distracted by life with my amazingly handsome husband, Internet is far from my mind. I made yummy waffles with walnuts in them and Saturday upped the anty a little by adding chocolate chips to the batter as well. I also doubled the recipe so I could have extra to freeze. So for breakfast every day this week I've had frozen waffles. They are VERY good!!

The marathon is a week from this coming Sunday and I feel like running is not as much of a priority as it used to be. I am still making sure to get the same amount of workouts in during the week as before we got married but suddenly I feel like I'm hardly doing anything. We've also tapered down on our distance runs so last weekend only did 12 miles and this weekend are only doing 8. I don't really understand the concept of tapering down since we did high mileage for 3-4 weekends in a row this summer and didn't need to rest or taper down. But this is what all the training plans and guides say to do before a marathon, taper down. So we are. Last Saturday I noticed a strange shooting pain in my knee. It would get worse when we'd walk and start running again so towards the end I just kept running even when Trisha needed to walk a little, I'd just jog slowly next to her. While running Tuesday night, the pain came back, though not as bad. I went a little easy that night and didn't run as far and then iced it a couple times when I got home. I also skipped my workout last night for the sake of my knee to let it rest until Saturday's 8 mile run. Maybe the lower mileage will help it a little. I'm not sure what else to do but am a little worried it might mess up my marathon plans!! We also signed up for a half marathon 2 weeks after the full, to keep us moving. So I can't just stop after next Sunday.

I got my new Social Security card in the mail yesterday! Which means I can now get a new driver's license, passport, and change my car title... and on down the list. It's actually a much smoother process so far than I thought. I'll try and hit the DMV next week for my license and title and mail in my passport. Fun to have updated documents!!! Now we need to visit our banks and add each other (and me with my new name), among other things.

3 thoughts from other people:

Melinda said...

"One thing that I've been very encouraged by is that we've remembered to pray together every night before we go to bed."

Music to my ears!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...haha...ha.....ha

I love waffles.

Marla said...

Hey Carrie Jean Peeples!!! When I saw you had 3 posts I thought I must not have checked your blog for days... Then I saw you wrote them all today. Ha. I'm still in the loop. ;) Very fun hearing about married life, waffles, dropping Mark off at the bus stop (the way you said that was just funny), running, and all that fun stuff that makes up your life. I miss you and Mark, just wanted to say that. Love you!