CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

What does the perfect husband do?


He takes Monday morning off work and away from his early morning men's group, even when he was really looking forward to going back after a break, and gets new tires put on his wife's car and buys her flowers (just because he loves her), and then takes her to a little lunch at one of his usual lunch places. Yes ladies, I'm so sorry for you that the perfect husband is no longer on the market, but I'm so happy that I was the one who snagged him!!

I LOVE my new tires!! Mark got me some really good ones but assured me this doesn't mean I can drive crazy because, "you're still my wife and I want you to be safe", as he would say. My old ones were quite treacherous when it would rain. I'd peel-out when trying to go from a stopped position on a slight incline. These are WAY better!!

Yes, I'm still in a blissful newly wedded state of mind! I wonder how long this will last? Hopefully forever!!

In the mean time, Mark and I are trying to set a few goals for our first year of marriage in terms of our spiritual growth as a couple. What are some things that you did with your spouse then (or now) you felt were the most helpful? We're planning to join a couple's caregroup, but not right away.

3 thoughts from other people:

Melinda said...

Yes, I can see the romance in new tires. You sound blissfully happy. This is going to be a radiantly beautiful autumn for you. savor the crispening air and find warmth with each other!

I've updated your name and link, by the way!

Jenni Clayville said...

Brian and I signed up for Family Life's Weekend to Remember the first chance we got. It was really good... it's like prepping for things that will happen later on in the marriage.

It gave us tools to deal with things that wouldn't happen until later.

I loved it.

Melinda said...

Jenni must be a more careful reader than I am! How did I miss the spiritual growth question? Too busy daydreaming about early marriage, I guess! ;o)

If you did not already establish the habit of praying for each other together on a regular basis, it is a great time to launch the practice! Schedule it so it happens! Praying together and for each other is incredibly intimate! It is so exciting and strengthening to witness the answered prayers together!