CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

My link to the economy

Well, our current economical status has impacted me more than just the price of gas rising faster than I can fill my tiny tank. Today is the "public" announcement of the preventative budget cuts at church. My position being on the chopping block.

I'm loosing my job.

Please don't misunderstand, the church is not happy about these cuts and mine was not the only one. I believe it when they say that it had nothing to do with performance and don't blame them for the decision. Quite frankly, I would have done the same.

All that to say that I'm not upset or bitter, but do find myself in a difficult position with our movement towards the purchase of our first home (are you allowed to call it a 'home' when it's not a stand-alone?) We have had a week to process the information and despite our uncertain financial future, do plan to move forward.

In addition to the $$ end of it, there's also an emotional side. I love my job!! I was thrilled when it became available and tried to graciously endure the 2+ month time frame it took them to finish interviewing and make the decision. I was more than excited to be working at a place I love with many people who I knew and loved in a position that I could enjoy.

This job did not disappoint! I was able to expend my creative juices in every area I could think of and was given the freedom to create my own schedule, create my own position and run a little wild, which was a blast!! So needless to say it's made it nearly impossible to consider another employer or position!! And I love my boss!! Seriously, Janet rocks my world!! And I'm not just saying that. One of our first meetings she said that she wanted to keep evaluating how things fell with this position so that I continued to do what I was passionate about. Who says that?? I actually want to be like Janet when I'm a few years older. She inspires me, makes me a little dizzy with her fast pace, and makes me want to work better, serve more, and love Jesus with what I do!

In addition, the team of people I've served with have been amazing!! I felt as if I landed in the best place with the right amount of challenges, laughter, love, and support. And I'm thankful that even though it will only have lasted like 6 months, that it happened at all!! I've learned so much and wouldn't trade this time for all the $$ I could have earned else where ;)

I'll keep you posted on what my future holds. For right now I'm trying to finish well (although my end date is not until the end of August) and get ready to move into our new place and then travel to MT for some family bonding time at the end of August. Also, my dad and sister come out this week on the Harley. Dad has so generously offered to do the walk-thru with us to learn how to operate our new place and also help us move in 1.5 weeks, among a few other projects. He's the best!! And I'm looking forward to some bonding time with Christina as we use my little car to take loads of stuff I'm too lazy to pack, over to the place a week from Friday.

8 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

it goes without saying that we're going to miss you a lot. could you imagine if I was the only one who did admin stuff for worship? it would be a disaster. well, we're going to find out, and it will be a disaster.

Anonymous said...

wow, carrie. i'm sorry that your daily fun is going to end. i knew how excited you were to work there! if you need any temporary work before you find another job, i might have something for you. don't know if you'd be interested, but just email me if you are. :)

GodSide said...

Sorry Carrie that things turned out this way! You were off to such a great start setting so much chaos into order.

Jenna said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job. Welcome to world of constant job searching! I'll be praying for you.

noell said...

My friend. You'll be in my prayers - both for the emotional side of things and the $$ side of things. Keep us updated. Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Wow - Carrie, I'm so sorry! I know the worst part isn't the financial (although that's a VERY close 2nd, I'm sure) but it's missing the people you work with.

I'm praying for you and Mark with all of the transitions...

Stephanie said...

As Dr Suess said.. don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. What an experience you have had and can build on! It was obvious you loved your job and did it well. I am sure you will be missed!

That being said.. I know it impacts you in many ways. Know that I am praying for you friend...

Laura said...

that just stinks Carrie...I know your attitude and your heart and know that you are responding in the right way. Blessings to you as you see where this roller coaster takes you.