CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life in the fast lane... or something

Life seems to be a bit more than it feels like I can handle right now. But this is what I have so instead of making lemonade, I'll make lemons. Oh wait. I guess I'll make lemons with lemonade. Or... okay, never mind. But I am trying to trust God in a new way. It's scary to make big decisions and adjustments in life, like buying a house!!

The house move is moving along!! We are approved and I've rearrange our $$ so we have enough at the right time in the right place. Other than not having started packing, sorting, or anything of the like (but I did email to the peeps I work with for free boxes), we have made progress on painting our kitchen table and re-staining our coffee tables. This week I hope to finish both projects with 2 coats of paint on the chair seats (we were going to leave them wood but have since decided to paint them) and do one more coat of stain on one of the coffee tables. Oh, I have done one other thing... stopped putting things away and cleaning. Does that count as progress? ;)

We move 2 weeks from Saturday and since our place isn't super full, I'm not too worried about packing. I do better under pressure anyway. Although it seems stupid to pack much when we are only moving about 3 miles away. However, I feel like I need to be ready when we have help to move so want to have stuff packed up. But I think I can cut a few corners like not emptying dresser drawers since we can simply take the drawers out. I have the Friday off before we move but after we get the keys and might see if I can borrow Barb's car and get my sister (who will be in town) to help me take loads of stuff I don't want to pack, over to the new place. Perhaps kitchen cookware and hangup clothes.

Other than finding old doors to use as a headboard and little sock booties for the chairs that will be on the hardwood floors, we've put a hold on purchasing anything for our new place. Which isn't ideal but we can do any accessorizing or upgrades in stages as the money is available. We want to make sure we are entering this new "risk" in as good a financial position as we can.

I am looking forward to my dad and sister being in town next weekend for over a week. They are riding the Harley from Montana. I just think that's cool! It will be nice when we have enough space to host our families when they are in town. Although we appreciate that Barb doesn't mind having boarders on occasion.

2 thoughts from other people:

Aly sun said...

Moving into your own place is such a big step. Good for you! Can't wait to see pictures even if it isn't perfectly decorated like you want it. I am still decorating and redecorating and painting, and rearranging 6 1/2 years later.

Anonymous said...

I remember the first house Chuck and I bought when Jesse was still a toddler. It IS scary!

Good luck on your move. You should try moving 3000 miles! It will be fun to be in a place you can decorate to your heart's content and your purse will allow. I'll bet Barb would love to help you come up with some great designs!