CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday's thoughts...

- my brain has checked out of work but I have 3+ more hours to go... how to hang on??

- I have mixed feelings about the warm weather. I wanted it to get here but forgot we have no ac at home.

- For some reason I get good sized headaches every day at 3pm. My Dr and I are working on a solution, but it's no fun.

- I was also "unofficially" diagnosed with hypoglycemia. That means my system doesn't know how to process sugar and other stuff very well. It means I get weird when I don't eat or eat lots of something with sugar. So pretty much I spend a good portion of my day trying to regulate my food in take and make sure it's the right thing. It's annoying. My appointment with the dietician is not until early next month. So those of you who have noticed how much I'm thinking about my next meal, that's why ;)

- One thing that happens when my hunger issues show up is that I get insecure. Which I think is a very odd symptom, but some how when my system gets messed up like that it's one of the things that comes out. Who would have thought our emotions were tied so closely to what our bodies are doing?!

- Speaking of what our bodies are doing, my running partner and I decided we ARE going to run the Portland Marathon. That's easier said than done, but I came up with a tentative plan for us and hope we can finish well. It's the last year we'll be doing these distance runs, at least for now. We need a break.

- I had lunch and hung out with Jenni the other day. I liked that.

- I'm normally more relaxed about how we spend our money but since we are using like every penny we can scrounge up for our down payment at closing on the new place July 31st, I've been a bit nervous about the potential for going over budget.

4 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

About the budget thing, I can so relate! One of the best ways to control spending is to make a budget and stick to it. You can indulge your desires by giving yourself (and Mark) a monthly allowance to spend on whatever. That's what Brad and I are doing -- that way I know we won't run out of money before we run out of month!

One more piece of advice (not that you asked for any...): Save, Save, Save! Start investing in a Roth IRA now. You can't be sure there will be any Social Security by the time you are ready for it.

Jenni Clayville said...

lunch with you was AWESOME! We have to do that more often!

Aly sun said...

I'm a hypoglycemic too! I hear ya! The balance is tricky, but it makes me eat so much more nutritiously than I would other wise. While others are munching on doughnuts, I am eating a slice of cheese and a banana. Being hypoglycemic runs in my moms family and when we are all together, you can tell when someone is off. Everyone always has protein rich snacks with them! Good luck with figuring it all out -- I bet those 3pm headaches have something to do with it too.

Anonymous said...

If you want to see if I can save you money on the insurance side of your new purchase, I would love to help you guys out with a quote on the home insurance and might as well quote your auto as well.
Give me a call. don hofer
503.692.4595 x16