CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

a few things

The weekend flew by!! We weren't overly busy though, which was nice. I had some good resting time.

In the rush of the rest of our life I forgot to mention that I ran the Helvetia Half Marathon on Saturday morning with Trisha (my running partner). We did a time of 2:30. It wasn't our best, but not our worst and we felt pretty good during most of it. It felt like the most low-key race we've done. It's kind of sad when running 13.1 miles is no longer a big deal!! Although nice when you can go into the race without the huge fear of whether or not you can finish. It's more a feeling of how you might finish.

We are a little up in the air about doing the Portland Marathon in October. My mom had to back out because of some other obligations. My uncle and cousin are still planning to run it but now Trisha's and my lack of motivation makes us want to back out as well. However, the understanding that we won't be doing these races again next year and the desire to have a good solid finish for this distance running season of our lives sort of makes us want to continue. We probably aren't doing another long run together for a couple more weeks so we'll see how we're feeling.

The CNN interview was canceled because of Tim Russert's death. However, they are going to be on a Moody radio program today. It's at 2pm Central time but I think from that link you can access it any time. I guess Christina is pretty nervous.

I'm feeling slightly off at work today because I moved offices on Friday. Being Monday and thrown off by the new space makes it hard to figure out where to start. Hopefully lunch with my wonderful husband will help me out a little ;)

0 thoughts from other people: