CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mark & Carrie's great house-hunting adventure

Our offer was accepted today and we're SOO excited!! At least I am and Mark seemed to be when I called him at work a little while ago to tell him ;)

Here's how it played out (minus the hours of phone calls):
Sunday we went for a walk in our neighborhood and found a place we liked.
Monday we hit the bank for pre-approval and called on the place to find out it had been sold :(
Monday night we looked at 5 different places.
Tuesday I looked at 5 more places in a slightly wider area. (We decided I would go with the realtor without Mark to narrow down the options. I found the hunt pretty fun!)
Wednesday we widened our area of interest.
Friday I went out and walked through 10-13 more places.
Friday night I narrowed it all down to 5.
Saturday we went out together and narrowed it down to 3, then 2, then 1.
Sunday we made an offer.
Monday we found out we had ONE option for obtaining financing (because of the type of place we are bying and the little $$ we have down). Hmm... so much for friend/family connections!!
Tuesday our offer was accepted.
If all goes well, July 31 we close!!

It happened FAST!! Our heads are still spinning!! We are thankful for our wonderful families who gave us terrific advice and support as we went/go through the steps.

So if you wonder why suddenly we are no longer accepting hangout invitations, it's because we have no $$ to spare ;)

4 thoughts from other people:

Mike and Stace said...

WOW! Holy crap- that is really exciting. I can't wait to see it! Michael and I will have to come out sometime- that is really cool.

Stephanie said...

congrats, carrie! i am so happy for you guys! as scary and money-sucking as it can be, isn't is kind of fun to be a grown-up? heehee! praying all goes well with the rest of the process! how 'bout WE have YOU guys over for dinner to celebrate! :)

take care... xo

Jenna said...

I didn't even know you were looking at buying a house. Congrats! I'll def. be praying for the whole rest of the process to go smoothly. Can we still have a hang out date soon? Doesn't have to cost any $$.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Congrats Carrie. I'm so happy for you and Mark. I will keep praying that everything will go smoothly.