CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

My sister is going to be in People Magazine

Yes, you read that correctly!

Back in January the Billings Gazette published the story of my sister's adoption. I guess several other newspapers picked it up from the AP/wire (or whatever you call it) and it sparked the interest of a journalist from People Magazine who my dad said was very persistent and willing to give in on a few conditions the family requested before allowing the article.

The photographer is showing up on Friday to take pictures of Christina and several friends getting ready for a ball (she's homeschooled and this is the closest thing to a prom she'll have), as well as pics of her life and family. The reporter is coming a few days later. Should be interesting!!

I LOVE People Magazine so am pretty excited to stock up on copies after the story comes out (which we have no idea when that will be).

5 thoughts from other people:

Stephanie said...

How exciting!! I LOVE People magazine, too. I had a subscription but its one of the things I gave up for the budget to work.. :(. I will definitely buy a copy when your sister's story comes out, tho. Let me know!!

XO

♥ Becky ♥ said...

How awesome is that. Can't wait to pick it up and read the article. I love that magazine and I loved the article about the family in local paper.

Jenna said...

That is super exciting! Keep us posted!

Christina Groth said...

Make sure and post which issue it will be in, so we can all enjoy it! Christina is a delightful person. I really enjoyed meeting her. Great name, too!

Anonymous said...

dang that is crazy. i think my picture was in our local newspaper once.....