CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Troubles with blogging

I have 2 challenges when it comes to blogging... and why I don't get a ton of pictures posted.


1) To save money, we down-graded our Internet a few weeks ago so it's MUCH slower than before. It takes a good 10 minutes to load 6 pictures and even then only 3 of them tend to load anyway. So it's a frustrating experience... after Christmas I might try another Internet option to see if that's better, but switching stuff like that is always quite the process!

2) My computer is old and therefore slow itself. So in addition to the Internet being slow, my computer is slow when it comes to playing with pics. My process for loading pics is reasonable but then I have to import them into a different location to make sure I keep everything together. So it's not simply plugging in the camera and then popping a few online.

Because of these reasons and wanting to spend more of my download time on loading pictures to the site where I can print them from, I've been trying to get facebook mostly current with pics since that gets more traffic than my blog. So if you are on facebook and want to keep up more with pics, please find me on there and check regularly for current pictures of our beautiful daughter and little family.

1 thoughts from other people:

Aly sun said...

Eek. I can't imagine going back to slow after having fast. That's a tough one. Have you tried Picsa? It's a free photo editing software online and you can upload directly to your blog. It shrinks the pictures first, so it uploads really fast. It is what I used when I had dial-up.