CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby is here!!

Millie Elizabeth Peeples

Born Sunday 11/29/09 @ 3:56pm
8lb 7oz and 21in long

Here are some pictures. I left off the one where they put her on me right after her birth. I have a pained and confused look on my face in that one. It doesn't reflect the pure joy and delight I actually felt.

The labor and delivery was scary, short, painful, and weird. Scary in that I wasn't sure what to expect as the process went on and surprised that it was eventually all over with. I had no idea what I was doing and just did what they told me. I LOVED the drugs (don't judge) and made it reasonably far before getting them and am SOOO glad I did!! But also appreciated the experience before I got them.

The entire labor was only 9 hours long, including an hour of pushing. Wonderfully fast!! It didn't feel fast at the time but I'm glad it was what it was. We weren't allowed to have more than 2 visitors in the hospital at one time (originally had been told 2 people total), so in addition to my mom and Mark, my dad and Barb were able to pop in during our short hospital stay. We were admitted at midnight on Sunday morning, had the baby by 4pm, were moved to recovery by 8pm, and left the hospital at 4:30pm on Monday. Since being home we've had an appointment each morning and just today are able to enjoy a day at home.

We're SOOO in love with our little one!! Nights are rough, but somehow I don't really care when I look into that perfect little face!! I'm exceptionally grateful for Jean (Mark's mom) who has come to stay with us for the week. She takes care of everything so all I have to do is feed my child and take care of myself. Although just those 2 things are surprisingly challenging!! Hence the reason it has taken me so long to get this posted.

Without further delay, pictures!!





She sleeps like her dad ;) Don't worry, she didn't actually sleep here, I just set her down for a sec and couldn't help capturing the moment.

Millie's daddy LOVES his daughter!! Especially just holding her while she sleeps. Mark has been GREAT at taking his night time shifts and does almost all her changes and getting her dressed this week. We're bummed he goes back to work tomorrow.
I realized in these pictures that I'm not smiling as big as my heart feels. Not sure why... still recovering?

This has been my day-time location for the past 2 days. Everything I need is on the little table next to the couch, I have pillows, and limit my trips up and down the stairs. It's been quite cozy!



5 thoughts from other people:

Lesley Miller said...

Yay!! Congratulations to all of you. Millie is beautiful. I love the picture where she's covering her face. Camera shy?

Aly sun said...

She is really, really, really cute.

Melinda said...

You 3 look so happy and content!

Sherri said...

She is really a very beautiful baby! So happy for you both! (And the grandma and grandpa:)

Marla said...

I wonder if I'll ever stop getting tears in my eyes every time I see pictures of her?