CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My 4th job

I feel a bit like the Jamacians on the old show that Mark likes, In Living Color. In their skits they would talk about how many jobs they have. Compared to them, 4 is nothing!

Here they are:

1) Part-time Worship & Creative Arts admin at Sunset Pres. I work 25 hours a week between Mon-Thur. Love the church, love my team, love my job!

2) Sunset Wedding Coordinator - as of December I was "officially" hired as the churches wedding coordinator. Although there aren't any weddings until summer so I haven't felt like I actually do this job yet, but will start getting in contact with the couples next month so it will start up soon.

3) Gig-by-gig work for a local concert promoter - this is the job where I get hired to work the day of a show and do anything needed. Which may include everything from helping with load-in, running errands, helping with catering, driving the "talent", help with meet & greet, and just keeping an eye out to make sure things run well. If I had a title it might be Production Assistant.

4) My newest job is that I've recently been "hired" as a wedding coordatinor at the Old Laurelhurst Church. My cousin actually got married there several years ago so I'm loosely familiar with the place. A mutual acquantance of myself and the owners mentioned my name when they shared their need of a wedding coordinator. I met with the gal on Monday night and am VERY excited!! I think my first wedding will be on March 7th.

I feel like #4 is a direct answer to my prayers that God will help sustain us financially. I'm hoping for at least 1 to 4 extra jobs (any of #2-4) a month. Even 1 would help us tremendously!

I'm also taking 1 class this semester (but probably won't take one during the next semester or maybe again until the fall), leading Sunset's developing Peacemaking Team, on a once-a-month rotation serving at the evening service at church, a Demarle Representative, and training for a half marathon. Somehow even though I only really work 25 hours a week I don't have time for anything more!!

Speaking of which, off to class!

4 thoughts from other people:

Sara said...

Carrie!
It's been forever since I've seen you and you've gotten married and you're up to so much now!
How funny that we're both in the wedding industry now - I'm doing wedding and portrait photography! Hope you're well!

Jenna said...

Congrats on the newest job! We still on for lunch sometime this week? Call me!

Melinda said...

Your new gig will be such fun! It is a beautiful church and owned by a wonderful, gracious couple. The acoustics in that place are unusually clear, too. Where do guests park?

Christina Groth said...

You have an amazing amount in your schedule! Congratulations on your new job!!