CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Question

Lord, how do I trust you with this? What does that look like for today and tomorrow and the moment when it strikes me and that's all I can think about?

Any ideas? Anyone?


I just realized I wrote 'he' instead of 'it' and Mark and I just had a good laugh about what that sounded like because there is no 'he' in my life that strikes me and what I was writing about had nothing to do with what that sounded like. Bottom line question is, how do we actively trust God with something that concerns us and we spend energy thinking and worrying about. So what does it look it like to trust God with something that I can't get out of my head?

5 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what you are wondering about. Could you explain a little more? Would like to give you my ideas but not sure about the question.

Love,
Aunt Dianne

Sharon said...

I choose a combination of 'weapons' Carrie...the first would be to take captive those thoughts --
2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Spend some time, or ask counsel on whether the thoughts (or argument) are of the knowledge of God, and look for a way for obedience to Christ.

The second is to remember a time of God's faithfulness to me in the past when I had concerns, worries, or was going through a 'mind-churning time'. Because I can see the resolution of each problem or episode in hindsight, I can, once again, be affirmed of God's faithfulness, love, mercy, and wisdome... Blessings on your weekend,

Mike and Stace said...

That question makes more sense. Ha!

I think you have to ask yourself if you understand grace. Remember that time when I was so mad or frustrated that you're wedding was close to mine? I loved you and still had bad thoughts enter my mind that I couldn't control, but you showed me grace. I would say dumb and hurtful things to you but you didn't seem to be bothered by what sort of outbreak I had or what came out of my mouth at you- you even offered to ask me about every detail of your wedding so that that it wouldn't be a burden to me. WOW! That was grace. After a month of two, I fell on your grace and just rode the coat tails to our weddings. Now, I wouldn't have chosen it any other way. I loved it. Your grace helped me embrace the situation and get over whatever was entering my thoughts.

Have you experienced God's grace like that? When you start thinking about this thing, don't feel guilty. If you could conquer it, you would only be prideful. Just fall on your knees and yell 'I am unworthy of you God and continually sin. Heal me. Take my evil and exchange it for your good.'

Anyway, I think you're super cool either way.

Anonymous said...

That's a great question, Carrie. I would suggest some visualizations. You could close your eyes and visualize yourself standing in front of Jesus. As you are asking Him to take care of this for you, picture yourself handing it over as a bundle (a bundle that's a burden to heavy for you). Whenever it does strike you, think of it as trying to take that bundle away from Jesus and snatch your hand back while you thank Him for keeping it.

Remember the footsteps in the sand. He will never give you burdens greater than you can bear and when it seems you can't bear it anymore, He will bear you.

Melinda said...

Sharon is spot-on! You know what is going on in my life,my family,right now. Your question reverberates through my every day and has to be re-addressed again and again. You are not alone in this predicament. I do believe that He allows us to discover the answer though. It's within our grasp, just takes a lot of stretching to get there sometimes.
Hugs, dear one.