CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

What I've been up to

Yes, it's been a long time since I blogged. What can I say, I've been busy!! Also, my Internet is slow and I wanted to post some pictures related to what I've been doing, but it takes a while. This is from the week before last.


Thursday 5/1 my friend Marla flew in for the day (she works for Alaska and has flight privileges) to help me put on a concert at work. The artists were Shawn McDonald, Jason Gray, and DOWNHERE. It was my longest day at work so far, but VERY fun and it all went beautifully!! And it was SO fun having Marla here!! This picture is us with Shawn McDonald.

This picture is the sanctuary before the concert started. It wasn't full, but good turnout! It was weird to think many of the people there didn't attend Sunset.

Saturday of that week (5/3) I was at work all day to help with a wedding (pictured here). We hired a new Wedding Coordinator and I told her I'd be available for her inaugural wedding. It was a beautiful wedding of around 300 in the gym (even the ceremony was in the gym). The day was VERY full as the rehearsal was that morning as well.

Last Friday was another event and then we jetted off to the beach for my friend Stacey's 30th birthday weekend. It was neat to be there to celebrate with her.

Also in the news (and another post in the near future, I hope) is the birth of our new niece Tegan Anne!! Born to Mark's brother Steve and his wife Michelle. I'll post more on that and pictures when I have time to load more :)

2 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Well. Now we know! It sounds like you are really having fun in your new job!

Aly sun said...

I sure wish I would have known about that concert, I went to college in Canada with Downhere. They are a really great band and I haven't seen them for 8 years.

Glad to see you back posting.