CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Today was a great day!

This post could also be entitled, "what I love about my job" ;)

We took the liberty of sleeping in this morning and didn't roll into work until after 9:30. I didn't have any meetings today and have to work tomorrow anyway to jetted out for a mall run with Barb. We left at 1, had lunch at the food court, indulged in See's chocolate and raided Sephora, White House Black Market, and Macy's. I made quite the haul (Mark had a super-wonderful-fantastic-husband response and said he wanted to spend money on me anyway ;).

Our last stop was Target and then Barb dropped me back off at work. After another hour at work finalizing details for a couple events tonight, I picked up Mark and we headed to Barb's.

Now we're here with a perfect spring evening!! At the moment Mark is on the beautifully decorated back deck talking on the phone with his dad, Barb is there on the phone as well and I'm collecting the china Mark's mom gave me so I can put it in my new (free) hutch. I had left it at Barb's during the transition so it wouldn't get lost in our little place. I'm SUPER excited to have a place to put my china and also excited I have china to put in my hutch, thanks again Jean!!

It's a nice evening, everyone is happy, and the food is in the oven. We don't have much of an agenda tonight except catching up on tv (love DVR), eating, and I'll do my nails. I love my husband and I love my life and I want to praise God for days like this!!

2 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

I love days like that! It's great to savor the good times and wrap them up in your memories so you can recall them when the times aren't so good.

I have MY mom's china -- the china she said she didn't care about so much because her REAL china had to be sold off in Japan when they couldn't return. I have her hutch too. When Mom got it as a 25th wedding anniversary, I loved it. I decided that Barb could have the cups and saucers IN the hutch (Mom collected them), but I wanted the hutch.

I wonder if Barb knows about that.

Melinda said...

Do you know what I like best about this post? It shows you savoring the day and all that is unique to it . . . living in the moment. You were reflecting on the people in it and their attributes. The candor of the presentation of each opportunity was not lost in planning for the next day. Good for you!