CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

More of life with Millie... because I just can't get enough!

The last you heard from me, I was a little freaked about going back to work. Well, we've been at it for 2 weeks and it's going really well!! Oddly, the biggest challenge is adjusting to our new work environment (they moved our work space to the children's department, which is more "kid friendly"). It's nice to not have pressure to keep quiet and all that, but we're still getting to know our new office neighbors, big and little ;) But so far so good! And I really enjoy keeping Millie with me during the day.


Tonight Mark and I went on our first date without Millie. It was a far cry from last Friday night when we went to dinner and took her with us... she got fussy part way through and tried to eat but wouldn't and then cried and then we got her fed and... so tonight was nice ;) Tonight we went to a restaurant only about half a mile from where Millie was, at Barb's, so we didn't feel like we were too far. We got to sit and talk and enjoy some messy burgers and remember the last time we were there, which was when we had just started dating, talk about how much we enjoy our life and feel like the transition to parenthood is going well, all uninterrupted! Although we always love being with our baby, it was rather sweet to have 1.5 hours out by ourselves ;)

I'm not taking pictures as often because I'm at work during most days but here are some we've taken recently.


Millie is eating her hands all the time these days. She can also grab toys (or whatever is right there), but only really when they are already in her hand. We sometimes put her in the corner of the couch to hangout.
On Saturday's we do a walk/run with some friends (I've mentioned this before). Last weekend Mark decided to try the front pack instead of the stroller (he walks with Millie while I run ahead). Other than the fact that she pee'd through her pants early on (but we didn't know), it went really well! She stayed awake more and really seemed to enjoy it. This picture was taken at the end of the walk when she had fallen asleep.
This is the, "what's that light that keeps snapping at me?" look. But check out those eyes!!
I know this one is blurry, but I love this face! She is also spitting out a little as she tells me something. She is drooling ALL the time!
There's that beautiful smile!!
Tummy time!
After work Millie and I get home by 5 most days and have what I like to call, "Millie time". It's because while at work all day I can't pay as much attention to her so when we get home I try and give her lots of attention, except when I have to be making dinner. I use her as an excuse to just sit and rest a little after work by rocking her and letting her sleep in my arms during her evening short nap.

As if pacifiers aren't hard enough to find when you need them... we call this one the "invisible pacifier" because, in case you can't tell, it can blend well. This is one of about 4 different brands and types of pacifiers currently floating between our home, the diaper bag and my work. Someone had suggested trying a couple different brands to look for one she might keep in on her own. She does keep this one in a little better than some but in the middle of the night, in the dark, it's not the easiest one to find ;)
And this is how we end most evenings. We're pretty excited that Millie is falling asleep by 10 most nights. We put her down shortly after and if she's asleep nice and good, we just wrap up her arms tightly and she's out! Whala! In fact, we try and keep her up for a couple hours before her 10pm bed time and by the time we get her in her pjs and feed her, she sometimes falls asleep within 5 to 10 minutes. Also (less I speak too soon) the past 2 nights I've only had to get up with her once, which is pretty sweet! The first night she slept from 2:30 until after 7. The second night she didn't wake up until 6:30! I don't really expect this will be a habit forever, but it's been nice the past few nights.

0 thoughts from other people: