CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Millie's great adventure to Montana

Last Thursday Millie and I flew to Billings, Montana to visit her grandparents and meet Aunt Stini. We left really early so Millie slept through both flights on the way there. I carried her in the sling around the airport and found that it didn't work so great. It's a fantastic sling but hurt my back and Millie likes to look out, which I couldn't figure out how to do in the sling without having hang on to her with one hand (and isn't the point of the sling so you don't have to hang on to them?) So I got a front pack for the way home and it worked WAY better! Millie likes to sleep against your chest or look out, so either position with the front pack worked well. On the way home she was awake for most of the first flight but seemed completely oblivious to being on a plane except her interest in watching people. And she was mildly fussy before falling asleep at the end of the first flight. Although it worked out because even with getting her in and out of the front pack as needed (apparently you can't wear your baby for take off and landing), she slept until we arrived in Portland. All in all she traveled fantastically! Although I ended up a little tired from hauling Millie and all my stuff around the airport. But I seemed to need it all.


We had a great adventure flying and a great time visiting with my parents, Christina, and friends. Here are some pics:

Bonding with Aunt Stini. She told our parents that since she had school and work she got "first dibs" on holding Millie when she was home ;) The first night we pulled a rocker from the office to the dining room doorway to the kitchen so we could rock with Millie and talk with mom in the kitchen. By the way, that's my new hair cut. It's fun!
Millie and Christina playing. Cuddles (the dog) likes to be in the center of everything that's going on so nearly stepped and laid on Millie while trying to get our attention. It was funny.
Millie talking with Grammy.
More talking.
Saturday morning we invited my long time friend Josie and her son and husband to breakfast. We've known each other for over 20 years!! Josie looked great but still feeling somewhat sick, I hadn't gotten dressed or done my hair by breakfast. We had fun reconnecting and meeting eah other's kids. Her little Lincoln is about 20 months.
Later on Saturday mom and I went for our one and only workout (I was supposed to do at least 3, oh well). We borrowed an extra pair of Yak Traks for me to wear since it's snowy there. We did somewhere between 4.5 and 5.5 miles that day walking/running in the snow. It was fun training "Montana" style in the snow.
Millie and Cuddles. When Millie started to fall over a little Cuddles kind of freaked out. Cuddles ignored Millie for the most part. They'll have fun playing more when Millie is older.
Each morning when Millie would wake at some ungodly hour and not fall back asleep, I would bring her up to my parents and enjoy some additional sleep. The first morning it was just after 5am and I guess she sat in their bed and talked to them for a while before falling asleep. The second morning it wasn't until 6. The third morning it was after 7. Although she had originally woken up at 4am and wouldn't go back to sleep but that seemed a little too early. They really enjoyed their time with her each morning and I enjoyed some extra sleep!

2 thoughts from other people:

Sherri said...

fun pictures! We love those special early times with our grandbabies too- we figure we can catch up on the sleep when they (or we) go home. Such a blessing you were able to go visit!

Annette said...

I think Millie is going to need LOTS of Montana adventures with Grampy and Grammy!