CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Nursery

It's finished!! Well, mostly ;) But other than moving in all the accessories we have yet to acquire and the baby, it's pretty much ready to go.


Here's the view from the doorway, which is also the first thing you see when you go up the stairs. We have the baby's name on the wall but aren't trying to broadcast that quite yet ;)

We "splurged" on the crib and changing table. I shopped around online a TON and debated on going cheaper or not. I couldn't find anything on craigslist and found a few good deals online but by the time I was ready to buy them, they weren't on sale any more. Since we had been putting some money aside we decided that we could get what we really wanted. Although I shopped for the best deal and feel like I got one! As well as 10% off and free shipping and handling. They are both an espresso colored wood. They aren't a matching set because I didn't like the crib that matched the changing table and the changing table that matched the crib, so got the 2 that I liked ;)

The bed is on the opposite wall as the crib. It's Mark's old college bed. I originally wanted to store it but decided to keep it and got a cheap duvet cover and pillow cases from Ikea.
The picture right above the bed (I don't have a full shot) is a fabric-covered bulletin board with a spray painted Goodwill frame I made for our guest room but it fit well in here. It has little pregnancy momentos pinned on it. We figure the bed will come in handy for naps, guests, and late night feedings ;)
A view of the window. The valance came with the bedding set and Mom made the curtains when she was here. We got the super cute lamp from Ikea, as well as the simple curtain rod.
We set out a few things on the changing table to display for now. Super cute!!
The bedding set we got for about $60 (+shipping) off ebay. I decided that we had registered for enough items that I really didn't want to have to worry about completing a bedding set. I think it's a knock off for a more expensive design. But it was a great deal! Came with the sheet, quilt, bumper, 2 pillows, a toy holder, 3 padded wall hangings, 2 valances, and the diaper holder. I shopped around a while for this before finalizing a decision and am really happy with it!!

We love our little nursery! It's pink, brown and lime green, and simple yet pretty. We didn't want to do any "permanent" pink to the walls or anything since we might try and squeeze another kid into the room eventually and you never know what the next one will be ;) But we can't wait to bring our little home to this little space!

3 thoughts from other people:

Marla said...

Everything looks sooo cute!!!

Aly sun said...

Love the room. It is SO cute. Pink and brown are such a sweet combo for girls. I'm so excited for you.

Stephanie said...

LOVE it, Carrie!! I am getting SO excited for you!!