CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

What else has been going on?

Other than our trip to Whibey 3 weeks ago, we also drove to Montana last weekend for a wedding on Saturday night. It was a great trip of visiting friends in Spokane, short visit with some of my family in Montana and LOTS of driving. But totally worth it! We had a great time together and enjoyed hanging out so much. 


Mark's every-other-Friday's-off have also started. So far we've spent 2 of the 3 on road trips (Whidbey and Montana). Right now Mark is up in Seattle for an overnight trip to do some recruiting for work at his old school. 

Me? I'm working on some weddings. I have one tomorrow (rehearsal tonight), another in 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks after that. And of course, my day job. My weekend calendar for the summer is quickly filling up! I've also enjoyed lots of lunch dates with friends. 

While Mark is gone yesterday and today, I'm holding down the fort with Lucy, my cousin's dog that we're dog-sitting for a week. She's a super cute labradoodle. We're having a good time together, except her desire to get me up at 6:30 this morning. But after we went out for her to "do her business", we managed to squeeze out another 1.5 hours of sleep, that was fantastic! Although I can't believe how much I miss my husband in just one day!! Makes me wonder how I get through those 2+ weeks trips!!

Now you are mostly up to date ;) I'm going to go shower before lunch with a friend and then the wedding rehearsal tonight. Speaking of which, the rehearsal should be VERY interesting! It's a wedding for an Ethiopian couple. There's quite the cultural barrier when it comes to the type of ceremony and even some random things like what a prelude is. In addition to that, things aren't really done ahead of time or on time and I can't pronounce anyone's names! I've been half dreading it for a couple weeks but after a good reprimand (done in love ;) from my running partner yesterday morning that this couple deserves a special day as well (even if they don't do things the way I think they should be done), I had a quick conversation with the groom this morning and am feeling more ready to "wing it" tonight. I can see how when I'm doing weddings it will be hard to remember that this is their ONE big day when for me it's one of 10 weddings on my calendar. 

1 thoughts from other people:

Melinda said...

SO curious about how the Ethiopian wedding went...