CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Half Marathon... almost 3 weeks ago

Yes, I realize I haven't blogged in FOREVER. Honestly, I'm drawing a blank when it comes to blogging. 


Almost 3 weeks ago we drove to Whidbey Island for what has become our annual Whidbey Island Half Marathon race. It's a fun one to start the year with because it's a nice course and my my Mom has been able to make it make the drive for the second year. She brought her running partner from Montana and I brought mine from Portland. 

It was, unfortunately, our slowest time ever for a half marathon (at least for Trisha and me), but it was a fun way to start the running year. We really hadn't trained very well so knew it wouldn't be our best.

And of course we always have a great time with Mark's parents! It's always fun and relaxing to go up there. 

Mark and me before the race. He's my wonderful support system and was the one to get up early and drop us all off at the start line. He always thinks about stuff I'll need, like snacks, water, extra clothes. He's super wonderful!

From L to R: Krista (Mom's running partner), Mom, me, Trisha (my running partner). Before the race. It was a chilly morning, but got beautifully sunny during the morning.

Mom and Krista running past Mark's parent's driveway (I don't have a good one of Trisha and I). It's cool because the route takes us right past their place, twice, because it was an out and back. Mark had water for us and even some cut up bite-sized homemade energy bars his mom had for us. 
Finished!! It's always great to get the first race of the year done. Being half marathon trained (even if it's not very well) by March is nice. 

After the race we went back to Jack and Jean's and had homemade scones and fruit. It was a YUMMY way to end the race!! Because Montana was having snow storms that day mom and Krista had a slow drive back and did some shopping and stayed the night in Spokane while Mark, Peter, Trisha, and I headed back later that afternoon.

0 thoughts from other people: