CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Going Public"

I like to use dramatic terms for something that's not so dramatic. I've been saying we aren't "going public" yet while quietly telling nearly everyone we would be "going public" to! 
 
I really think that God's funny in how he works things out. 8 weeks to discover you have something growing inside you, deal with the reality (in our case, elated!), get used to feeling sick all the time, get used to keeping a secret while still telling your selected support system, and to get out of what I call the "danger zone", all while completely under the radar to the general public because unless you tell people, they won't know what's up. Well, it would appear we're out of the danger zone (although still sick a good part of the time) and heading into phase (a.k.a. trimester) 2 of 3.
 
Yes, we're pregnant! We couldn't be more excited!!! Although it doesn't really feel real yet. It's weird that you could have a little thing growing inside of you but not even know except for that frequent sick feeling and many other random symptoms. Although we did hear the heart beat today, which is really exciting! But still crazy that there is a separate living thing inside there. I keep thinking it will feel more real when we start showing but I'm wondering if it will ever feel real!! Like the other night when I sat in the living room watching tv with my husband thinking, "wow, I can't believe I'm married with a place of our own, sharing my life with my man, how cool!"
 
We're due November 17th and other than feeling sick (but never throwing up) 75% of the time and having an exceptionally sensitive nose and a slowly expanding body (but not because of baby just because of extra pounds ;), things are going along beautifully! At least as far as we know.
 
I'm going to share this next part because I would have been interested in stuff like this when we started this process.
It took us a little longer than we had hoped (7 months) and we were trying A LOT of different things to help the process along. I won't bore you with the details, but if you want to hear about it one-on-one, I'd be happy to share. Lets just say we were being VERY intentional! I was beginning to wonder if it was going to happen at all and was assured that this was normal (they say it can take normal couples up to a year with intentional effort) even though my head couldn't process how one month nothing happened but next month it could happen with pretty much the exact same "formula". It has been a very interesting journey and now that we're actually pregnant (which is still weird to say), it seems like a distant memory. Well, not entirely. But the feelings of fear and uncertainty are mostly a distant memory. But they've been replaced with fear of losing the baby and if we'll be the type to make it all 40 weeks and if it all goes well, how are we going to afford this whole kid thing? I have reminded myself many times how this is simply the beginning of a life-time of prayers towards this little one. It's hard to believe that we'll have a small being that will fill-out one of the 2 tiny outfits we've already been given. I can't wait!!!
 

11 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead.
Deb Stewart

Aly sun said...

This is such exciting news! I'm happy for you and know that you will be blessed by this little one. Oh, and when you start feeling the baby move in a month or two, it seems much more real. So fun!

I know it sounds obnoxious, but try cutting out refined sugar from your diet, especially for breakfast. Eat protein and more protein and see if it helps the nausea. After being terribly sick for 9 months of my first 2 pregnancies, I have finally found something nutritionally that works for me.

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! I am so exciting for you two. AND I will be praying for you and for a health pregnancy and baby.

Stephanie said...

Over the top excited for you!!
Now we will definitely have a reason to get together in 2010.. playdates!! :)

Take care.. praying all continues to go well!

xo

Jenni Clayville said...

YAY!!! congrats! I am SO happy for you!!!

Sherri said...

Congrats Carrie! Your Dad told us a few weeks ago, you have know idea how excited grandparents can get the first time around especially- so i was wondering when this announcement was going to come and praying everything was okay. As to it not feeling real :) it will be here sooner than you think and there may be a time or two when you wish it wasn't (real) but mostly you will wonder how you could have ever thought you knew what love was before> Talk about revolutionizing your concept of God the amazing love you feel for that little person that is incapable of doing a thing to deserve it -except being yours- didn't mean to get so wordy- just so thrilled for you!

Melinda said...

What an exciting answer to prayer! I'm switching gears from the 'they'll get pregnant' prayer, to the 'healthy baby' prayer.

Now I'm wondering which it will be: he/she will be blond, brunette, red or purple haired...or all of the above?

Jenna said...

CONGRATS!! That is super exciting! Can't wait for our lunch date now! Not that our lunch dates aren't super exciting this is just something extra special super exciting.

Michael and Stacey said...

I'm sooooo excited for you!!!

Tasia said...

oh wow congrats Carrie! That is so awesome!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

So excited for your Carrie!!!!
I don't know if you remember how I was when I was pregnant with Beth and staying with you guys that summer. But I was nauseated the whole time. :)
With Tyler it was the same story, although I never threw up while pregnant with him, just that nauseated feeling for 9 months. So I feel for you.
You and Mark are going to make great parents.!!!!