CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week in review

I feel like I'm playing catch up. 


Mark and I had a great time last weekend celebrating our 1st year wedding anniversary. It was on the 2nd (Tuesday) but we decided not to tell people and celebrate it that weekend since we both had to work the day of our anniversary and I had an evening meeting I couldn't get out of. Seemed like a lame way to celebrate so we pretended like it was the 6th instead.

We had a free night at a nearby Marriott so booked it for that night. I had the day off (Friday) so did some things around the house that morning and then scrapbooked with a friend in the afternoon. I picked Mark up around 5 and we headed to dinner. We decided to just drive towards our hotel and pick a place on the way. We opted for Bugattis, which is yummy! Especially their crazy-awesome garlic and oil dipping sauce. Not sure garlic was the right choice, but we both had it so I hear that makes it okay. 

We got in our car and drove only about 2 blocks to the hotel. It really was so close to both our work places that we just laughed. Mark joked around when we went to check in and made loud comments like, "sure was a long trip from New York". We got into our room, which was nice and... well, I won't share the details ;) But we had a great little 18 hour overnighter. 

Even though we didn't have much money to spend and stayed at a hotel close to like everything we do, it was still fun and we felt like we adequately celebrated. We didn't get each other anything but cards (which was sort of a funny story as well) and cried when we read what each other wrote. It was sweet.

This week I had my first nanny day and look forward to my Wednesday's in the future and worked a VeggieTales show up in Washington. I also committed to helping coordinate an event in January, received a gift of a plane ticket to the Peacemaker Conference in Florida for next week (the 23-28th), and might end up with another side project I have yet to confirm. 

After yesterday's long day, it was nice to have a day at home with Mark. We slept late, relaxed with lots of dvds, cleaned (the place looks great!), took a walk to the store, and made a yummy dinner! I'm about to enjoy a little dessert before heading to bed since I need to be at church at 5am to open the doors for load-in for the VeggieTales show Sunset is hosting. It's a volunteer gig, but probably my last one as the new guy taking over events should be a shoe-in for working these if he's up for it. 

This week Mark's parents are coming for a quick visit on Monday evening, I have a Peacemaking Ministry Team meeting on Tuesday night (at Sunset), GIFT on Wednesday night, the gym on Thursday night, and... I think half mild weekend before I head to Florida the following Tuesday. I hate leaving or being away from my husband but really thankful for the opportunity to go!

2 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first anniversary! Kirk and I never get each other anything either :)

Sooooo.... since Mark's parents are going to be seeing your new home, will you be able to post pics soon????

Melinda said...

Christina and I were coming back from an appointment and saw you in the lot. You were deep in thought or maybe on your phone. Any way, hugs from us!
You anniversary sounded just right and nice. You guys do a great job celebrating your care for each other throughout the year.
I'm with Jos...can't wait for pics!