CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Floaters

Seems like our life is leveling out a little so there isn't as much to blog about. So I'll do the floating thought version...

- I'm excited to head out tomorrow morning for the Peacemaker conference. Not so excited about my super early flight, but it's a small price to pay. But I'm very much looking forward to taking the Conflict Coaching training and getting a refresher on how to help others through conflict, as well as attending the team workshops to learn as much as possible as we start our team here at Sunset. I'm feeling highly inadequate and I won't feel any more so after the event but at least I won't have as many excuses ;)

- Friday I had off so did crafts. Well, I spent the morning buying the supplies for my crafts and only worked on them for about 3 hours but got them finished!! You'll have to come by our place to see what I was working on (speaking of which, ladies I'm hosting a Demarle party which is mostly an excuse to have people over so if you didn't get my evite this morning let me know and I'll send it to you... all are invited!).

- My crafts were for our guestroom and something in me clicked this weekend and I got all inspired to work on putting our guestroom more together. We got a few things hung on the wall, plan to hang more, moved everything out of the room that didn't have a place to go to either a more permanent location or the garage for storage. I felt REALLY good about the progress and feel more ready to have people come by.

- I'm really enjoying my pieced-together schedule. I feel a bit like God hand selected the things I'm doing with just enough normality/routine, interest, responsibility, and money to make it all work. It's very fun!!

- After about 5+ phone calls and a cumilitive 20+ transfers and probably up to 3+ hours on the phone we still don't have our Internet/phone stuff finalized. We thought we had it mostly good to go until our Internet went out this weekend. Problem still isn't fixed. I HATE how long I'm on hold to get these things resolved. My last call I was transferred at least 4 different times to get to the right place and then finally gave up (although they did give me a phone number to call back... same number I called originally for the other thing I tried to take care of). For the most part I'm not unhappy with this company, just hate how long the calls take. Feels like I need to plan for at least 1.5 hours per "situation" I need to take care of.

- We are doing okay on our new budget so far, thank God! Although we're both making sacrifices and I find myself saying 'no' to things more often. We do get to occasionally say 'yes' but then the lack of cash in my wallet reminds me why I had been saying 'no' before. Not using cash sure helps you not be aware of the money you have. Using cash makes truth a hard reality. But we just do better on a cash-only budget.

- Soon I'll write about my current journey with God stuff. Right now I'm enjoying the GIFT Bible study and a renewed energy to spend time with God and being committed to attending the weekly Bible study.

3 thoughts from other people:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing about the conference. I'm in a conflict resolution situation right now ... wish I had a few more tools to use. Have a great trip. Amy Elder

Jared & Adri said...

Have a great trip! I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing your family, too.
Way to go with the budget! It was really hard to get used to using one for me but now it's almost freeing because I know exactly how much I have to use for the month.
I'm looking forward to hearing about the God stuff in your life lately. I'll have to email and tell you about the Bible study I'm doing right now, and catch up.
Adri

Stephanie said...

hope you had a nice trip! i also am glad you are feeling more settled in your home. we have been at our house 4yrs and i STILL don't feel settled.. ugh!

good job on your budget. its tough stuff!! are you a dave ramsey fan?.. he's all about the cash system. we use it, too!

hope to be able to come to your party!

xo