CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Projects, before and after pics, and preg pictures

My parents and Christina were here a couple weeks ago and we made BRILLIANT progress on some updates to our place. Mostly some re-organizing that we wanted to do before the baby comes. Mark and I LOVE the improvements and still have a few small things to do before we can post all our before and after pictures. Here are the projects we got done:

- office addition to kitchen nook (pictures below)
- updating the dining room with furniture pieces that no longer fit in the kitchen nook and new pictures
- setting up the nursery including furniture and some decorations
- re-organizing the garage with shelving and some "man space"
- spray painted some frames and selected pictures for about 15 frames that I hung in the stairwell
- put and organized an armoire in our guestroom with all my craft stuff that used to be stored in the nursery room. Although Barb helped me do this a few days before my parents arrived.
- a bunch of other small things

Enjoy the pics!

Kitchen Nook
Before, view from the hall door way.
View from the kitchen.
View from the entry way.
Tall view from the hall door way.

AFTER view from the entry way.
View from the kitchen. Love the new valance!
View from hall door way.
Side view from hall door way. I LOVE my new office area! Love the cube shelves, the desk, having my filing downstairs, a space for my computer (it fits in the desk drawer with the charger going directly into the drawer) and just having a space to take care of things. It's also fun to have a window right there. I keep the blinds and window open during the day. We also got a charger/holder for our phones so they no longer rest on the kitchen counter. In fact, many of these things used to be on the kitchen counter, including mail that needed to be sorted or filed.

Mom sewing the curtains for the nursery.
Dad and Christina hanging the curtain rod in the kitchen. Sadly, these are the only 2 pictures I took the entire time they were here. We had a great time with them!! It was fun to have more people in our house for a week and although we thought we were ready to have our house back to ourselves, we really missed everyone the first night we were on our own again.

Me before heading out to coordinate a wedding on 9/14. 26 weeks exactly! Thanks to my friend Adri for the fantastic maternity loaner clothes! They've helped me out a ton! In fact, I think I dress better now that I'm pregnant than before and I've been thankful to not run out of cute clothes for weddings and rehearsals this summer. I coordinated a wedding yesterday and have only 1 more to go before I break for the baby.

The belly. Mark thinks it's quite cute and entertaining. Especially the fact that my belly button is quickly losing it's "inny" quality.

4 thoughts from other people:

Stephanie said...

LOVE the new office area, Carrie? Are those the cube shelves that were on sale at Freddies? They were a great price!

I think its great that you are getting stuff done BEFORE baby comes.. you'll be so glad you did!

Lastly... OMGoodness you look SO cute!! Time is fast approaching... enjoy and relish this time left and get ready for the most amazing adventure of your life!!

Take good care... xo

Aly sun said...

I've found that when I organize very methodically to fit exisiting life (like you did), that it actually stays that way. It is so much more motivating to do projects with other too. Looks like fun. Can't wait to see the pictures of the baby's room.

Annette said...

Care, What wonderful pics! It sure was fun working on your home!! You are looking so wonderful!!

Melinda said...

I savor before and after shots. So fun! Cool that it was a family project, too! Much more fun!

You look so beautiful!