CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

To blog or not to blog....

That is the question. And I think it's obvious that the answer lately has been "not to blog". I have not forgotten about my blog world, but like some, am lacking content or motivation, not sure which one. But we're all allowed a little break now and then.

So, I'll post something more later, but for right now Mark and I are looking forward to Christmas with the Peeples. We leave Friday after work to drive to Whidbey and come back Christmas night. It's my first Christmas away from my parents, but I'm feeling excited about this new adventure. Mark also sacrificed Christmas with his family last year to join me and he was so great about it, so I'm glad to make the sacrifice this year. It certainly doesn't hurt that I really love Mark's family and enjoy being with them!! (and no, I'm not just saying that. I have TERRIFIC in-laws ;)

I'm also looking forward to tomorrow night when we have dinner and exchange gifts with Barb. I think it's fun when the first gifts of the season are exchanged ;)

As a side note, Sunday night I spoke at Insight with Barb and it was really cool to be back there!! I felt exceptionally inadequate to be speaking, but hope God used our message. Barb had come up with this cool idea of having the kids "consume" God by doing communion with like 4 times the amount of bread and juice normally distributed. I really appreciated the extra time to think and reflect while chewing on my hunk of bread, I hope the kids did as well.

I really miss hanging out with highschoolers and am not sure how long I will stay away. It's been almost a year since I was moved to Fusion (the college group) with my students. Jenni is also back as worship leader, which I think is pretty rad!! She's a great leader to students! I'm sort of envious they all get to hangout with her ;) I love students, but am enjoying the time to focus on being married and establishing a great foundation with my husband!!

If I'm not on again in the next week, Merry Christmas!!!

2 thoughts from other people:

Jenni Clayville said...

Thanks for the shout-out, babe!

I'm praying and waiting for you to come back to serve with me.

Don't keep me waiting too long.

Hey... let's get coffee soon! Miss you!

L said...

thanks for the comment carrie! glad to see you are doing well, congratulations on your marriage! splitting christmas is always interesting, but it's always cool to start new traditions.
happy holidays!