CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Randomness

I find myself with a few minutes on my hand and a computer in front of me, but I can't think of anything to write. How is that possible?? I think of dozens of things to blog about all day every day but now, when I'm at the computer, I can't think of what to write about. So I thought I'd do random throughts.

- I sort of wished our power went out at home. I think it's fun to be without power for a while.

- Peanut M&Ms are calling my name right now. I tried to take it easy, with only a few at a time but that doesn't seem to satisfy.

- Speaking of eating, I've been battling a mild desire to "take it easy" on what I eat lately. Even so far as trying to come up with a "diet plan". I always comment that I don't diet and after trying to follow a lower calorie count last week, I remember why. So I'm not sure the solution but I guess moderation is my theme.

- My effort to take it easy on running is coming along quite effectively. In other words, I haven't run in several weeks. I sometimes feel bad about this but then remember my body was getting mad at me so spend my gym days on other activities, including a turbo kick-boxing class that rocks! Although I'm definitely not working as hard as I should be. But decided it's okay for right now... at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.

- Mark and I are doing great!! His work continues to be challenging and our little life together continues to be wonderful! Recently we've been trying to come up with weekly meal plans, but don't have much of a system yet and are on our 3rd month of budgeting, which we're struggling through and starting to see a few benefits.

- We decorated what we're calling our "training wheel tree" - a borrowed fake decorative tree we got from Barb and put some lights on and then some of each of our ornaments. It was fun to talk about what all the decorations meant and where they came from. Neither of us had pulled out our ornaments in quite a few years. When we were in Montana my mom hooked me up with some fun starter Christmas decorations that helped around our place ;)

- As I've spent Starbucks dates with God, I've missed my role(s) in ministry. I think not being in ministry is good for me, but I sure the booster in your personal relationship with God as you can't really slack off as much when in ministry. I'm trying not to slack, but there just isn't as much going on right now. I'm trying to enjoy the break as I know it won't last!

- I think that's all I can come up with at the moment.

Happy Holidays!!

3 thoughts from other people:

Unknown said...

I remember our first Christmas tree after we were married. It was fake, wiry, stood at a whopping 18 inches tall, and would topple over if you walked passed it too quickly. Decorating it was more like assembling a model airplane. We've since graduated to a 7 footer with "real" ornaments as opposed to the miniature ones. Still a fake one though. This reminds me, we've gotta put that thing up already!
Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

peanut m&m's...thanks a lot....now I'm craving them but it ten thirty five at night....
Jay

Anonymous said...

Our power DID go out yesterday. Five hours (10am-3pm). Take my word on this - it's not fun. Especially when the kids are out of school. And you're trying to do laundry.

I'm still recovering.