CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

More on life with Millie - 6 weeks

Not sure why this picture loaded side ways, but it's cute even with your head turned. I especially like the bow ;)
It's been 6 weeks and I'm cleared to start working out again. Last week I took Millie for a 1.25 mile walk in the stroller. I didn't think it would be much of a workout since I was only walking but with a good sized hill and pushing the stroller, it was brutal!! I couldn't believe how hard it was and how out of shape I am!!


We're supposed to be walk/running a half Marathon in early April so need to get started. So we have a plan to do a walk/run with our good friends Peter and Trisha (my running partner) on the weekends. So Saturday we ventured out to our beloved "long route". Trisha and I did small spurts of jogs while Mark and Peter walked while pushing the stroller. It worked out great! Except that it was hard and I was a little sore the next day.

Not sure how to fit workouts in during the week other than walks when it's not raining and the conditions with Millie are good. But I figure the worst case scenario we can walk most of the half marathon. The point is to get out there again! Peter and Mark are planning to walk it as well and we enjoyed our workout together on Saturday!

After our walk we all went out for breakfast than back to Peter and Trisha's for the guys to play xbox and for us all to hangout for a bit. It's nice to fit Millie into pieces of our life that we've had to take a break from lately.

Millie smiling and talking.

For several days this week we've tried a new schedule with Millie. Well, not so much of a schedule just a better "flow" for the days. It was one I read about before she was born but it didn't seem to work until now. She doesn't follow it completely, but pretty close. It's a 2-3 hour pattern of eating, staying awake and then sleeping (in that order). Although she throws some extra sleeps in there and has a long nap in the early afternoon. But I have to say, it's nice to sort of know what should be happening next. I watch for her signals and what's going on and roll with it. But it's only been a couple days so far. We've also tried putting her to bed earlier. Before we just put her to bed when she fell asleep at a time that worked for us but with this new flow we put her to bed during her sleep time around 8ish. We are trying to do about the same thing every night so she'll be familiar with the routine and know what time it is, time for bed! She'll wake up after only a couple hours and I'll feed her again and then we take turns staying up to rock her to sleep, when she'll sleep for her 3-4 hour time block.

Millie isn't doing any kind of sleeping through the night. She normally has a good 3 or 4 hour sleep but is otherwise up every 2 hours. I still haven't figured out how to put her back to sleep during the night if she doesn't do it automatically while eating. It's hit and miss for her to fall asleep on her own if I put her down when she isn't quite asleep. It's kind of amazing how you can go to bed early, get up kind of late, and still not feel like you sleep enough! Of course, being up multiple times a night for various lengths of time might be why ;)

This picture doesn't have anything to do with the schedule, I just think it's cute ;)

2 thoughts from other people:

Aly sun said...

My least favorite questions: "Is he sleeping through the night?" If he were, I would look rested. He's not. I'll tell you when he is. Arg.

Good for you for getting back in the exercise game. It's hard to find the time, but it sounds like you found a good system. I love that you have a goal.

Melinda said...

Cutest little off-schedule alarm clock around!